Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I TOLD y'all I'd try to blog more!

And you have to admit, this is like twice in one month. That's good for me :P.
So yesterday was my 3 month anniversary of working for Disney. It's hard to believe that I've been here that long, and it's even harder to believe that I only have 40 some odd days left. I feel like there is SO MUCH that I wanted to do, and I never accomplished it. I feel like I wasted so much of my short time here on petty things like sleep and laundry. I feel like I don't have enough time left to really finish my Disney to-do list. I feel like I should have applied for an extension...


So why didn't I?


Well, everyone says that when you come here and do a CP, you either love it or you hate it...that there is no in between. Well, I found this to be untrue. I feel that over all my CP was in between. There are moments when I love it, and there are also moments when I don't want to do it anymore. I guess I ended up letting my mixed feelings get the best of me, and didn't even try to apply for an extension.


However, I will say this. I could see myself getting into this pattern and living this lifestyle for the rest of my life...and being perfectly okay with it. The cast member lifestyle is pretty much the only one that I've ever 100% felt like I fit in to. It's very repetitive, day-in and day-out. Get up, go to work, come home, spend time with roommates, sleep. Repeat the next day. On my off days, get up, go play in a park, come home. But I like that. I like being a cast member. I really could see Disney as my lifetime job. But I don't like being a CP, and I'm scared to try and just jump in and go full time.


So I guess the plan for now looks something like this: I'm going to try to apply for seasonal. I'm going to go home in January as planned. I'm going to go back to school, and I'm going to actually try this time. I'm going to re-apply for the CP after I turn 21. I'm going to actually go to the character auditions...and I'm going to come back. From there, I'm going to decide if this is what I want for my life...and if it is I'm moving here for good and going full time. At this point, the dream job would be Vacation Planner or Guest Relations tour guide. I feel like I'd be good at either one of those two jobs. Annndd, if not...then I will have Disney in my memories and amazing stories to tell my children and then their children.


I guess that's all for now











No comments:

Post a Comment