Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Oh heyyyy long forgotten blog...how are ya?!

Oops. Sorry y'all. The life of a CP is a busy one...and a repetitive one. I really haven't had much to talk about. It's pretty much same thing different day. Get up, go to work, come home. On off days, play in parks. There really isn't much more to it. Butttt, lets see what I can pull out for you guys.


The Halloween parties are completely over now. I went to the Poly and watched the last Hallowishes with my roommate Mandi...and yes...I cried. Halloween is my favorite holiday, and it kind of hit me that it was probably the last time I'd ever see Hallowishes...at least for 10 years or more. It also put into perspective that my CP is already half way over. I think we have something like 9 or 10 weeks left here, and I feel like I've wasted the majority of it. I still have barley tried to hang out with anyone besides my roommates. I have only been to WWoHP once and that was before I even checked in for my CP. I still haven't done a whole bunch of the things that I was planning to do. Sooo, my goal for the rest of my program is to GET ON THAT!


All of the Christmas decorations have been put up finally, and my lord they are gorgeous! That is truly Disney magic at it's finest. The Christmas parties began last night, I believe...and I desperately need to get my ticket to that. We only get discounts for the November parties, so I'll probably be going at the end of this month at some point. Allegedly, we are going to be absolutely miserably dead for the first two weeks of December, and then so busy that we're running around like chickens with our heads cut off for pretty much the rest of our program. I think I'm okay with this, though, as I'd rather be busy then dead.


Working at "Mom's House" is (for the most part) entertaining. The only bad thing is that we only have a total of 78 tables, and on busy nights we can get up to an hour behind reservation times...and then we get yelled at. But, it's not our fault. We can't control when people get up from the tables, and that's pretty much completely what it depends on. I've been yelled at in several different languages now...it's quite interesting. Butttt, on good days...it's nice to see the servers do their little skits. They are completely improv, and I absolutely love watching them work. The idea of "magical moments" in our restaurant is a bit different from the normal idea. At prime time, a magical moment could consist of naughty children having to take the dishes to the kitchen, or of someone having to put their nose in the corner for leaving their elbows on the table. I love watching youtube, and being able to see things that I was there for on the internet. It's really a whole lot of fun.


I guess that's it for now. I'm actually sitting in my costume as I type, about to get ready for work. If anyone actually does still read this...feel free to comment with questions or just to say hi...

No comments:

Post a Comment