Tuesday, June 8, 2010

So, I officially fail at blogging...

Okay...well it's been like two months since I've blogged. I know that's a long time, and that makes me inconsistent...but in my defense: (1)I only have two followers and I'm sure that they really don't care (2)Nothing exciting has happened...at all.


I have 76 days until I check in at Vista Way and I am literally DYING right now. Pretty much ALL of the Fall Advantage people have checked in, and are having the time of their lives...and I'm just sitting here waiting...waiting...waiting. It sucks :(. BUT---I now have an official roommate assignment courtesy of Disney Roommate Matching Notification thinggie! Her name is Michelle, and though I don't know much about her...I do know that we are the same star sign and that she likes a lot of the same FB fan pages that I like....so maybe we will get along. [REPHRASE] Please lord let us get along!!


I emailed Disney and requested a couple of work locations as of yesterday. I have recently decided that I'd much rather work at a resort than in a park. I only requested two locations, but then again there were only two that really spiked my interest. They are as follows:


(1)  Boatwright's Dining Hall at Disney's Port Orleans Resorts:
Food style: Southern American.
Description: This underrated spot has the look of a 19th century boat shop, where unseen workers have just taken a break from building a 46-foot cotton lugger. Shipbuilding tools line the walls, and some tables sit underneath the boat's wooden frame. The menu includes choices Yankees rarely see. The menu features jambalaya and a terrific blackened snapper served on grilled grits. Pecan pie is homemade. Wood tables sit on tile floors.
Why I want to work here: Since the food style is southern american, I feel like I would be a perfect fit for Boatwright's. I also love the Disney story behind the restaurant, and that atmosphere that it creates.






(2)
California Grill at Disney's Contemporary Resort:
Food Style: New American
Description: Superb fare is matched by an entertaining view at this Disney landmark, which is perched atop the resort's A-frame tower. Signature items include grilled pork tenderloin and an oak-fired beef filet that's so tender you don't get a steak knife. Sushi is prepared by Okinawa native Yoshie Cabral, famous for her imaginative sauces and use of fruit. The view is better than you'd expect, since the surrounding land is so flat. Sit along the west windows before sundown and you'll see the steam of the Liberty Square Riverboat; diners along the south wall look down at Epcot's Spaceship Earth. You can watch Magic Kingdom's Wishes fireworks show from inside or from rooftop walkways.
Why I want to work here: I've heard many good reviews from cast members who have worked at the California Grill. To work on top of a rooftop everyday would be something new and exciting, and to watch Wishes every night would be simply magical.






Well, I suppose that is all for now. Tell me, fellow future CP's....where did you request to work??

3 comments:

  1. I care that you update! :) I know how you feel though, I hardly update my blog either because I'm crazy busy and there's just not much to say while we're in this waiting period!

    I'm doing Attractions and I requested some spiel rides - Kilimanjaro Safaris, Great Movie Ride, & Jungle Cruise. I LOVE both of those restaurants you chose!! I have my fingers crossed for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sorry, i just kind of happened across your blog from one of the college program groups on facebook. i noticed in this post you put that you emailed disney with some places that you'd like to work. can you tell me who to email so that i can do the same?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @kristyne sure! you just email recruiting. the email is wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com

    ReplyDelete