Thursday, January 12, 2012

No more "CT Seasonal" for this girl!

Soo I figured out the answer to all of the questions I had about how seasonal would work with CP...it's not going to...at least not for me. I forgot to submit my availability to workforce management for this last quarter...so they sent me a letter basically saying send us your company IDs and whatnot back. It's not really a big deal though, seasonal was WAYYY more trouble than it was worth for me. It would always cost around $1500 to go down and try to work, which I would have to plan out months in advance only to find out a week before time to leave that I wasn't scheduled for any hours anyway. Advice to any CPs who are thinking about going seasonal...DON'T unless you live relatively close to WDW and have someone to stay with while you're down there putting in your hours. I just think that it's hilarious that they sent that letter literally a week before I am applying for another CP. If they had known that I was planning on applying for Fall 2012, they probably wouldn't have wasted the paper and stamp to get the letter to me. 


The only think about this that bothers me at all is that I'm worried now that because of this I won't be accepted for the CP this fall. However, I think that once I explain things to my interviewer it will all be okay...here's to hoping anyway!


So due to this recent event, I thought I'd post a little information on the new CT (Seasonal) work requirements for people who don't already know.


You must work at least 150 hours in a year. You have to submit availability on a quarterly basis. At the end of each quarter, you have a deadline to meet to submit your availability for the next quarter. You MUST submit your availability to them even if you are not available within the next quarter at all, it still has to be submitted that you aren't available (that's where I screwed up). 


These are just the basics...for the full list of CT requirements click here.


Well, I suppose that's it for now. Hopefully things will get more exciting around here once the applications go up!


See ya real soon!
-Bri


Oh, and I made a new vlog today as well...it talks a lot more in detail about why seasonal didn't work out for me. You can watch it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment