Tuesday, January 10, 2012

To live in CP housing, or not to live in CP housing...

Okay, I know that this is kind of off topic...but I would just like to start off by saying....


ROLL TIDE!


2011 National Champions! This situation is kind of ironic because last time I applied for a CP was in February 2010, and they had just won the national championship that year as well :).


Anyway...


I was recently informed that another one of my ex Disney roomies will be moving down in May permanently and getting an apartment. She asked me if I might like to opt out of Disney housing and room with her. Put myself, her, Kristyne, and Michael together and you have enough for a 3 bedroom apartment full of people who have already lived together once and made it work beautifully. Everyone says that no CP will ever be as magical as your first because it's different roommates and all...and here I have this opportunity to have my old roomies all over again. In all honesty, it would be cheaper to opt out of Disney housing. First, there would be no $200 housing fee. Second, my Patterson 3 bedroom apartment cost (if I remember correctly) around $95 per week, which is $380 per month per person. Split between 6 people, that one single 3 bedroom apartment cost around $2,280 per month. Granted, this amount includes utilities, water, cable, internet, security, and really nice facilities such as the pool and buses...but in my own apartment I would not be paying for security or buses at least...and I never even used the buses and despised security. I haven't really looked at prices for apartments around Disney yet, but Kristyne and Michael just moved into theirs (located directly behind the MK cast parking lot, I might add) about a week ago, so I will probably find out the costs soon enough. Also, I wouldn't have to worry about those ridiculous inspections done by Disney housing...those things just cause wayyyy more stress than what they're worth. It's like...I can keep my apartment clean for myself without you coming in here and invading my privacy, thanks.


Sounds like a no brainer...right? So why stay in Disney housing? Well first of all, there are the housing events (such as Graduation) which I will not be allowed into if I opt out. Then there is the furniture issue...Disney apartments are fully furnished and I don't have much other than a bed to bring down with me. Plus, it makes my parents feel better knowing how strict security is.


I don't know what I'm going to do, I'm extremely torn so far. I suppose I will ask about it during my phone interview (granted I get one) and see what the interviewer thinks about it all. 


Well, I suppose that's all for now! Feel free to ask any questions that you may have whatsoever. You can comment here or add me on facebook. Also, feel free to check out my vlog...I'm going to probably be a lot more active on there throughout this whole process http://www.youtube.com/user/BippitiBoppitiBri?feature=guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment