Tuesday, August 24, 2010

All Checked In!

Hi guys! Ok, so yesterday I checked in to the Disney College Program. WOW, that was absolutely exhausting...and also surprisingly efficient. My roommates and I all met up at the Sunspree lobby at 6:45. We then drove over to Vista and got in line around 7:15. They started letting people in around 8, which was nice because it was already starting to get hot and they weren't supposed to let us in until 9. We went through and got a nametag and our program guides at the first station. At the second station we were given some documents to fill out. If I remember right, the third station was where we got our housing assignment. Sadly, since Ariana is doing the Culinary program instead of the College Program...she was not able to room with us. That left us one roommate short for a 2 br...and when that happens they make you choose between a 1 or a 3. We went ahead and chose a 3 since it is cheaper anyway. Then Mandi went and picked our our apartment complex. Sadly, they did not have anymore available in Chatham...so we had to go to Patterson instead. I'm actually glad about this...because a 3 br in Patterson is actually cheaper than an 2 br in Chatham would have been. After that they take your housing ID picture. Mine turned out AWFUL, but they say everyones does. Then you go to register your car. After that, you are given a time for casting and you housing meeting.


Casting, honestly, is just a big blur to me. It went by so quickly...and it felt like we were doing the same thing at every stop. However, I'll try to recall it...
First you are put into a line in the hallway, and you have to show them that you have done your on-boarding paperwork. Then you are told where you will be working. I'm at the 50s Primetime Cafe in DHS. Then you go in and fill out massive amounts of paperwork, and sign massive amounts of contracts. Then you go to a station where they give you your paycard. Then they fingerprint you to make sure that you check out alright. Then you are taken to a room where they give you flyers about the classes that Disney offers. Then you go and find out when you'll be having Traditions and also you will get your schedule for your first two days of training. Then they take your picture that says welcome to the CP...and you're off to go check out your apartment.


My apartment is REALLY nice. As I stated before, I'm in a Patterson 3 bedroom. The only problem that I have with it so far is that there are 5 shelves in the pantry and 6 people living here. Still don't know how that's gonna work out yet. Since we had to get a 3 br instead of a 2...we now had 3 random roomies that we didn't know. Thankfully, they are all super awesome, and I really like them a lot. So then last night after we got all settled in and everything, we were bored. So Mandi, Kristyne, Brandi, and I went to the Polynesian and got dole whips and watched the fireworks. This was my first time to ever see Wishes...and let me tell you...they were nothing short of AMAZING, ASTONISHING, and WONDERFUL! After that we decided to get on the monorail and ride it around once just to do it. THAT was interesting lol. 




So that was pretty much check-in in a nutshell :).


Here is my post check in vlog...oh yeah but most of it is HP world!!

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you're working in 50s Prime Time! Did you request it? I'd love to work there when I apply, I'll definitely be reading your blog to hear how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! No, it was actually not one of the places that I sent to them as a request. I wanted to work there, but I figured that it was pointless to even try because so many people request to work there. I think I got put there because my recruiter asked me what my favorite past job was and I told her that I used to work in this 20s themed restaurant and that it had been amazing. Have you applied yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not yet, I'm looking to apply for Fall 2011 so I have to wait until January to apply. I can't wait! :) Let me know how 50s Prime Time goes! I love that place! haha

    ReplyDelete