Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New Vlog and Leaving in 2 days

Okay, so first and foremost: I have a new vlog up...click here to view.

Well, I leave in two days. Had a "family meeting" last night to discuss travel plans. As of right now we are arriving Friday, going to Islands of Adventure (HOGWARTS!) on Saturday. Going to MK on Sunday, with pre-arrival dinner Sunday night at 8 pm. And then Monday while I'm checking in my family is going to DAK since they're only open until 5pm that day anyway. These plans will most likely change...but this is it as of now. I'm so excited/nervous about everything. I just so hope that everything goes well and that I can finish this and say with pride that I survived the Disney College Program!


My car is (mostly) packed up...and everything fits (but just barely)! The only things that I have yet to do is even look at which travel route we are taking (I probably rely WAYYY to much on my GPS), and ask my dad exactly how much money he is putting into my checking account. I have about $200 from my yard sales and whatnot, but I'm pretty sure that it's not nearly enough. I hate asking my dad for money...it's the #1 worry in his life and asking him for even $20 stresses him out majorly. Add to that the fact that I need like $800, and that he is going to have to spend that much JUST for them to get into the Disney Parks for the 2 days we're there...and we are talking about a majorly stressed pops. Ughhh...


My suggestion to any future CPs? GET A JOB! Even if it's just a summer job...to raise a little bit of money for yourself on your CP. I tried to get one...but I made the mistake of waiting until after my birthday (June 29) because you have to be 19 to work anywhere that serves alcohol or cigarettes in Alabama. By that time nobody would hire me because it was too close to my leaving time. So my advice? Apply about mid-May for a summer job...and save at least $300 of your own for your CP. It's really gonna help a whole lot.


Also, I've been trying to practice sleeping in a twin bed by sleeping in my little brother's instead of my own. I know this sounds a little obsessive...but (a) he never sleeps in his own bed anyway and (b) I really don't want to fall off when I get there lol. It seems to be working out alright for me, but we will see :).


OK, I guess that's all for now. I'm going to pack some more of my car up before it starts t-storming again.


Have a magical day, as I know that in 2 days all of mine will be<3

3 comments:

  1. Good luck!! I've been here a week and love it already :)

    Good thing you're bringing your car too...the buses suck. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your drive and everything. can you post a picture on facebook of your packed up car so I can see how you packed everything in? I'm a little nervous about everything not fitting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks yall! And yes, I'm planning on posting a pic both here AND on FB of my packed car. Also, I'm going to vlog it...so there will be many ways to see it!

    ReplyDelete